After last night’s reflection, I decided on a gratitude challenge for December; I’m not yet sure if I’ll post everyday or do cumulative posts. So, here we go! 🙂
Gratitude for December 1:
- A delicious avocado toast and smoothie for breakfast after walking more than a kilometer in Vancouver.
- Enjoyable and enriching conversations with my friend, ST, as we walked along the Vancouver SeaWall. Even though it was cold and raining, we made the best of our time in Vancouver by exploring the city a little bit, but also resting and eating well.
- Having the entire evening to read the book ‘Em and the Big Hoom’, as recommended by a close friend S.
- Delicious ice-cream at Daniels’ in Vancouver – their coconut ice-cream is yummy and mixing it with dark chocolate made it taste sweet enough but not too sweet.
- I like collecting magnets as souvenirs for the places I visit. I have been to Vancouver several times but didn’t have anything from there! This time, I was able to select and buy fridge magnets very quickly (something that almost never happens for me)!
Gratitude for December 2:
- Enriching conversations with my friend, S, about ‘Em and the Big Hoom’ that led to other interesting conversations.
- Watching the movie Julie & Julia and writing a reflective post about it.
- I also wrote a little bit in my journal about some career decisions I need to make.
- Happy to be back home and sleep in my bed after a week!
Gratitude for December 3:
- Sleeping in on a Sunday morning, partly due to jet lag, but it’s been a while since I was able to sleep in until 11 a.m.!
- After a week of gray skies and rain in Vancouver, I am so thankful for a sunny day and the sunlight steaming into my living room and bedroom.
- A quiet day at home where I got a chance to unpack, clean, and plan for the week!
- Here’s a hilarious story – I attempted to take a bath with epsom salts today because I have been having a lot of back pain. I envisioned spending some time in a relaxing bath with lavender and eucalyptus scents and something to read! Since I couldn’t decide what to read, I took three options to the bathroom – a book, a research paper, and my phone. Yeah, I know I’m crazy! Lo and behold, once in the tub, I couldn’t find a comfortable position and didn’t get around to read anything! So much for preparation huh! On a serious note – how do people drink wine and read in the bath! I was hot and impatient and couldn’t find a comfortable spot, I tried to do a body scan with no luck, and eventually gave up! I think I still soaked for about 20 minutes though, so I declare it a success!
On that note, it’s late and I should sleep now! Have a good week, everyone! See you soon! 🙂