September 2: I am thankful for
- I woke up to messages filled with love from sis 2 when she received her surprise birthday gift. I was happy that I could make her smile and feel happy when she’s been feeling low.
- I chatted with a recently-found friend M this morning on WhatsApp, and it was another casual and funny conversation that cheered me up. M is AB’s sister and we spent a lot time together when she was visiting US earlier this year. Even though we’ve both been living in different countries, we happen to have a lot in common and I love talking to her!
- I read this awesome letter on my WordPress reader, and it took me back to teenage years and brought back many happy and fun memories! I ended up sharing this letter with some of my best friends from school and college!
- I ate a lot of ice cream after dinner and watched two episodes of Big Bang Theory. Though it was fun, I need to reduce this massive sugar intake in the evening and reduce my TV watching! I find TV addictive and didn’t have one until now, and was always more productive, choosing to do other things with my time! But I now spent a large amount of the evening watching TV, and I want to stop doing that.
- I met my friend R who also volunteers with AID. We started volunteering around the same time 3 years ago, and I was asking if he is also facing decreased motivation to take up and finish AID related responsibilities. It was nice to know that I’m not the only one feeling this way. At the same time, it was also a reality check that if we are unable to recruit and retain new volunteers, the chapter may not survive for very long.
- I read these very funny posts on being the first born child/ older sibling and being the second born child/ younger sibling. I could relate to a lot of stuff in these with respect to my older sisters that made me smile, and I shared the posts with both of them! Being the youngest of three sisters, I would like to follow up with a ‘being the youngest child’ post!
I think that’s it for today. I’ll see you guys tomorrow!
September is my ‘Days of Gratitude‘ month. I will be posting everyday about something that I am thankful for in that day, as a reminder to myself to be thankful for what I have, and also to develop a habit of mindfulness and self-reflection.