So I decided to tag along with MM’s ‘Get to know me’ post.
1. Are you named after anyone? Funnily, for the longest time, I thought that I was named after a packet of balloons. Yes, you read that right – I thought that my dad got a packet of balloons, the ones you fill up with water and throw at other people on Holi, and the packet had the name that’s my name. Only a few years ago, I actually asked mum about it, and I was told that I was actually named by a family friend according to specific astrology and numerology considerations!
2. When was the last time you cried? Honestly, I don’t remember. Definitely, less than a month ago but I can’t remember the exact situation when I last cried. I go through different phases; sometimes, I’m very emotional and get hurt and upset at everything. Other times, I’m totally in autopilot mode and don’t feel much and just keep going. These days, I’m in the autopilot mode. Also, earlier, I would cry in frustration, but now I just seem to get angry when I’m frustrated.
3. Do you have kids? No. I don’t know if I want to actually give birth to one! For almost 10 years now, I’ve wanted to adopt a baby girl. But now, I am having second thoughts if I want kids at all. It’s so much work and parenting is so hard! We’ll see…
4. If you were another person, would you be a friend of yourself? Well I would like to think so.. I think I’m a good friend, always there, supportive and try to be non-judgmental. But it would also depend on what the ‘new me’ would expect from the friendship!
5. Do you use sarcasm a lot? I think I have started doing that in the last few years quite a bit. I’m not sure if I like it because I feel like I’ve become a mean person. Maybe it’s a part of growing up and dealing with life, or maybe I have become mean!
6. Will you ever bungee-jump? Umm probably not.. I’m scared of most adventurous things. I tried a roller-coaster ride once and hated the experience and I’m never doing that again. So skydiving and bungee-jumping seem almost impossible.
7. What’s your favorite cereal? Well, since I’ve been trying to eat healthy and breakfast is one meal I can count on for that, I eat Kashi Honey and Oat Heart Healthy cereal. I would like to add a disclaimer that it is very bland and boring but it has a lot of whole grains, protein, and fiber. My mum thinks it tastes like eating uncooked wheat flour. Oh well! The most delicious cereal I have had is Chocolate Hazelnut Biscotti from Archer Farms (Target’s store brand). I told you I’m a chocolate addict.
8. What’s the first thing you notice about people? Hmmm I’m not sure actually. I guess their dressing style and figure. And face and hairstyle. I guess I’m shallow!
9. What is your eye colour? Dark Brown/Black.
10. Scary movie or happy endings? Happy endings definitely! I tend to feel and associate with the characters and feel all enthused with positivity when I watch happy endings. Though, in the last few years, I have started watching and appreciating movies with sad endings as well, but scary movies are definitely not my type!
11. Favorite smells? Coffee (even though I don’t drink it), flowers, anything citrus-y, some men’s perfumes (I can follow a nice smelling man anywhere! ;)), clothes from my S1’s closet, scented fruity candles.
12. Summer or winter? Definitely Summer! I feel energetic and lighter without having to worry about wearing or carrying multiple layers and jackets. I love to be able to step out and walk and do so many things outside in the summer. I love dressing up or rather dressing down, which is not possible in winter beyond a point. The dream is to live in California or somewhere with warm weather through the year. But I do like changing seasons – flowers and greenery in spring, changing colors and shedding leaves in fall. I actually won’t mind winter if it could be shorter and milder. I used to and still love fog in Delhi. When I was in school, our school building had an open center and fog would drift in. I always found it very romantic and my teenaged heart saw many a dreams on those foggy mornings. I also like snow now.. the first snow is specially a very beautiful and calming experience. Maybe, I am falling in love with winter. But summer will always be my first love!
13. Computer or television? Computer – I find TV very addictive. Recently, so is the computer but I think there’ more control since you need to make the effort to find something to do rather than just have something that’s on constantly.
14. What’s the furthest you’ve ever been from home? Right now – I’m in US! Though I’ve been living here for almost 5 years, home is still Delhi.. I wonder if that will ever change! Home is where the heart is, they say!
15. Do you have any special talents? Well, basic talents I guess yes. Exceptional talents – not really! I guess painting, making collages, editing, creating/designing brochures or flyers for publicity.
16. Where were you born? Hospital in a small town close to Delhi. Actually, my mum had relatively easy labor when I was born. They say that I was born withing 30 minutes or so.
17. What are your hobbies? Painting, reading books, blog reading and hopping, talking to friends and family I can relate to, dressing up and going out, drinking!
18. Do you have any pets? Nope!
19. Favorite movie? Well I think my choices have evolved a lot over time, so I’m not even sure if I will still like the movies I used to ~5 years ago.. So these are mostly movies I’ve seen in the last 5 years and liked.. Aakash Vani, Jab We Met, You’ve Got Mail, Life is Beautiful, Shawshank Redemption, Dallas Buyers Club, Love Aaj Kal, Mona Lisa Smile, the trilogy of Before Sunrise, Before Sunset, and Before Midnight, Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara, Ye Jawaani Hai Deewani, English Vinglish..
I’m sure there are many more but this is what I can remember right now..
20. Do you have any siblings? Yes, 2 older sisters and 2 BILs who are pretty much like brothers to me!
21. What do you want to be when you grow up? Well this is a good question because I still don’t feel like I have grown up! So I’m getting a PhD in Molecular Biology right now, but I’m kinda done with this field. So I think I’d like to be a teacher (undergrad) or a therapist or and editor when I grow up! ( I wonder if that will ever happen!)