Happy New Year everyone! 🙂
So I can’t remember the last time I made any new year resolutions, but I have been thinking about making some this year! And then I found out about this awesome blogathon challenge that I decided to take up and today’s prompt is resolutions!
So here I go.. my resolutions for 2014 are…
1. Push myself to try new experiences and meet new people! At the outset, I’m usually exited to try new things but then I chicken out in the end.. But I’d like to change that this year!
2. Travel to at least 2 new cities in 2014.
3. Focus on finding my internal core of happiness, rather than seeking happiness from external factors. I really need to work on this!
4. Attend at least 3 painting classes.
5. Learn how to drive.
6. Learn to accept things I can’t change and not let them affect my peace of mind – this is going to be a long process and I would like to make some progress on this in 2014!
7. Exercise regularly and work towards becoming fit and healthy! I’m almost over-weight and am facing health issues because of that – I’d like to lose weight sustainably but also soon.. I want to weigh less than 110 pounds for the most part of the year!
8. Be more positive about life – things are not as bad as I make them sound!
9. Present my PhD thesis research at at least 1 scientific conference!
10. Talk to at least 1 old friend once in 2 weeks, so I can stay bonded with my closest old friends!
11. Make more friends.
12. Blog regularly!
I think that sounds like a good list of the stuff I’d like to do in 2014.. I might add more things as and when I remember! I have tried to keep them realistic and hope to accomplish most, if not all of them!
So here’s wishing for a happy and healthy new year! May the coming year bring peace, positivity, and joy into everyone’s lives!
Song on my mind – I Believe by Dewarists (Season 1)